The purpose of this data protection declaration is to indicate how Melody Nelson collects, uses and protects your personal data in connection with your use of this website or as a visitor and / or customer of our shop. This use complies with applicable laws and rules, including European Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on free movement. of this data (General Data Protection Regulation - RGPD - GDPR).
The following text is a translation (French to English) from the original text. You can find it here.
Who processes your data ?
The person responsible for processing your personal data is Melody Nelson SRL, registered under company number BE0738.467.928 - RPM Liège, division of Namur, hereinafter referred to as "we" or "Melody Nelson".
The supervisory authority in Belgium is the Data Protection Authority: www.privacycommission.be.
This data protection declaration is a general declaration. Depending on the relationship you have with us or the services you use, additional privacy information may be provided to you.
What type of informations ?
We primarily collect information and data that you provide to us when you use our website and services, including when:
or as part of the normal operation of our store. We may also obtain your data from third parties, to which you have given your consent (or on the basis of another criterion provided by law).
- You use our contact form or contact us in another way
- You subscribe to our newsletter
- You use our appointment form
- You surf our website using cookies, among other things
We collect different types of information depending on the services you use and the use you make of this website:
Melody Nelson also processes personal data necessary for the normal functioning of the business (on the basis of a contract, legal basis or legitimate interest).
- If you order from our store, we collect your email, name, phone number, address and any billing information.
- If you sign up for our newsletter (if applicable), we collect your email and name.
- When you use our contact or appointment form, we collect your name, email, phone number and the information you provide on the contact / appointment form.
- f you participate in actions and / or contests, we collect your last name, first name and, possibly, contact details, as well as all the data necessary for participation in the contest.
How and why we use your data ?
Your data is mainly used for the following purposes:
To process your personal data, we always rely on:
- Provide you with the products and services you have requested and improve them
- Improve your experience on our website
- Offer you loyalty benefits
- Communicate with you about our assortment and our temporary offers
- Manage our activities
- Organize our marketing and advertising campaigns
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Deal with requests and complaints
- Ensure the security (of visitors) of the website
- Fulfill our legal obligations
- Improve the quality of our customer data
How and with whom your data is shared ?
- Or the consent you have given to this effect. In this case, you still have the option to withdraw your consent.
- Or another criterion provided for by law: for example, if the collection of data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or if it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are submissive. In some cases, the processing of your data may also be necessary to guarantee your essential rights or in our legitimate interest.
In principle, Melody Nelson does not share your data with third parties without your consent. In some cases, however, your data may be communicated to our suppliers. These companies will only use your data for the purposes set out above.
In some cases, your data may be communicated to third parties who provide services to Melody Nelson, namely sub-suppliers of Melody Nelson. These include, for example, our suppliers: seamstress, dress designers, logistics partners, payment service providers, etc. In each of these cases, we undertake to guarantee the confidentiality of your data, in particular by concluding appropriate contracts with the companies concerned.
In addition, we are required to communicate your personal data when required by law or a court ruling or in the context of an obligation to cooperate imposed on us (e.g. a criminal investigation).
In some cases, data (which we cannot identify) is also exchanged with third parties such as "Google analytics" or "Facebook" (or other social networks), these third parties then having to be considered as data controllers who apply their own data protection policy, the management of which is beyond our control.
What are cookies and what are they for ?
A cookie is a small text file saved on your terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone) when you visit our site.
Cookies make your browsing more pleasant and personalized. They allow us to remember you on your next visits and possibly offer you content that may correspond to your areas of interest.
It is also these cookies that allow us to remember you on your next visit or to keep the items you place in your shopping cart. We do not use these cookies to establish statistics on the number of visits to our site.
Normally, your browser is configured to accept cookies, but you can easily change these settings by changing your browser settings.
Please note, if you choose to disable Cookies, you may no longer be able to benefit from all of the site's features.
You can :
Rentention period of informations
- Consult your data and essential information relating to processing and have access to it ;
- Request the rectification of this data or, if necessary, their deletion under the conditions set out in Article 17 of the GDPR, in particular when these data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected / processed or when the processing is based on your consent and you withdraw that consent ;
- Oppose the processing of data concerning you in certain specific cases as described in Article 21 of the GDPR, including processing for direct marketing purposes; in this case, we will no longer process your data, unless there are compelling legitimate reasons which prevail over your interests and your rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims ;
- Oppose automated decision-making, including profiling, under the conditions set out in Article 22 of the GDPR ;
- Request the limitation of processing, in certain cases set out in Article 18 of the GDPR and, in particular, when you dispute the accuracy of the data, for a period allowing us to verify the accuracy of this data ;
- Receive a specific part of your personal data in a format allowing their portability, in particular to transmit them to another controller, under the conditions set out in Article 20 of the GDPR and, if technically possible, obtain that the data is transmitted directly from one controller to another.
The data collected is kept as long as necessary to achieve the purposes described above or as long as a legal basis allows us to process this data.
Transfer outside the EU
It is possible that certain data may be stored or transferred outside the European Economic Area for the purposes described above.
This transfer can be carried out through service providers established outside the European Economic Area such as those mentioned above or by means of a server which is located outside this territory. In this regard, we are committed to always guaranteeing an appropriate and sufficient level of security for your data.
Our website may contain links to other sites operated by other companies that are not related to our company. As these websites generally have their own data protection declaration, we strongly recommend that you read them when surfing on these third-party sites. We cannot be held responsible for the data processing carried out by these parties.
Update of this declaration
Melody Nelson may adapt this statement at any time, for example depending on new regulations or internal adaptation of processes and purposes.
If you would like to contact us regarding your personal data and this data protection declaration, you can do so via this website.